Saturday, January 23, 2010

Camping

When a holiday in senior high school came, my friends and I decided to go camping. A day before, I prepared all things that I had to bring like a Jacket, food, firewood, medicine etc. We made an appointment that we would gather at 03.00 P.m. I realized that in camping we would stay awake late at night, so I decided to take a nap. Unfortunately I overslept and when I looked at my mobile phone there were many messages and miscalls from my friends who were waiting for me. Hurriedly I woke up, took all of the necessary things, and went to meet my friends.

After gathering, immediately we went to Kebun Raya Cibodas Pangrango. It was one of famous tourism objects in my town. The air was so fresh, the scenery was so beautiful and There were many facilities such as gardens, picnic areas, camping ground, water falls, cafeterias, souvenir shops, etc. of course we went to camping ground because we wanted to go camping. Arriving at the camping ground in early evening we prepared the tents immediately because the night was about to come.

The tent preparation had finished when the night came. we prayed maghrib together with the ground as the floor and the sky as the roof. Then we chatted, laughed, sang songs, told funny stories, got dinner and made a bonfire while enjoying the view of the night sky. Although the temperature was so cold the situation at that time was so enjoyable, exiting and amazing, we spent the night almost without sleep. We slept at 03.00 P.M on the air bed.

The rising sun touched our face, opened our eyes and woke us up in the morning with bright sky. We woke up, washed our face and made some food for breakfast. The breakfast wasn’t so luxurious and delicious. It was just a potluck but we ate it with ravenously because jokes and fun became the spices and additional flavors. Then we wandered around the area and took some photos. Some of my friends and I went to small forest near the area, it wasn’t like the jungle but the trees and bushes were so dense. We wandered more deeply through the forest just like ‘Si bolang’ did, and of course we took some photos as proofs that we were there.

After wandering inside the small forest we came back to the camp. There were several of my friends who used the air bed as a ship and they were flowing in the middle of the lake and they just used their sandals as the paddles. At first glance I thought that it was so dangerous and could risk our life because the lake was so deep and when we fell down to the lake we would drown and maybe we would die. I continued watching them flowing in the middle of the lake, they looked so happy, they smiled, they waved their hands to me and called me to join them. Finally I joint them. They came to the edge of the lake and picked me up. When I set my foot on the ‘ship’ I was so scary because they shook the ship to tease me. But gradually I could control my fear and enjoy the situation. We paddled the ship farther into the middle of the lake with our sandals.

The day came, the sun started to rose the temperature, we felt so tired and we decided to untie the tents and clean the environment which we messed up. Then we prepared to leave the camping ground. after the preparation had finished we gathered and took a photo to perpetuate this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment